Purvisbooks -

Love Each Other
Hey Dad it's Me, I'll call You Back
Some Things Never Change
powered by

My Blog

Caged Animals

Now I know why our cats used to like me so much, I had never taken them to the veterinarian.  My wonderful wife has been taking care of our two cats, Tangerine and Shadow, for eleven years, until yesterday.  Don’t ever make the mistake in thinking that your pets are just dumb animals.  They instinctively know you inside and out.  I think they can read minds.  I’m certain that they just allow Grandma and me to live here with them.  Anyway, it took me thirty minutes to catch our cats because they knew before I did that they were going to the vet.  They even knew how to place their paws on the outside of the doors of their cages to keep me from pushing them inside.
I have to tell you, I’ve never before heard the kind of sounds coming from our cats when I placed their cages in the front seat of my car.  It was unbelievable.  You would think they were dying a slow, painful death.  Shadow cried like a baby and I think Tangerine would have been a little better if she had been by herself, but eventually she joined in.  I prayed a policeman would not stop me for anything, as he would surely arrest me for animal cruelty.  So I talked to them and turned the music up and sang songs, but no use.  I was the bad guy and they were letting me know it.
When I finally got to the vet, there was only one parking space.  That should have been my first sign to turn around and go back home.  As I entered the veterinary hospital with a cage in each hand, there were six people with seven pets ranging from a golden retriever that was as big as a horse to another cat smaller than mine.  I was greeted to more howling and growling with owners pulling on leashes.  It was busy, behind schedule and loud, kind of like my doctor’s office.  There were no seats available, so I had to ask for a chair.
I arrived at 9:05 for a 9:20 appointment.  “Good luck” should have been written over the admission desk.  I was led to the patient’s room at 10:10.  The young girl began to ask me questions about Tangerine and Shadow.  I played dumb and handed her the piece a paper with the info my wife had written out for me.  Our cats were simply there for their yearly checkup.  They were to be weighed, have their eyes and ears checked and be looked over in general.  I was to purchase some medication for heart worms.
When she took Tangerine out of the cage first, the orange and white hair on this poor cat came out in clumps.  I was shocked as she explained to me that Tangerine was just scared and that a burst of adrenaline would create this mess.  There was enough hair on the table now to stuff a pillow.  But there was good news, Tangy had lost some weight.  Shadow was next and he was so aggravated that she decided to wait for the doctor to weigh him.  Shadow hissed and made noises I had never heard before.  The look on my face must have been enough to shoe her away as she turned and left.
Finally, at 10:30, the Vet shows up, a nice looking and acting man, who has never seen me before.  With him are three other females who appear to be in training.  He too begins to ask questions and I point to the note.  He apologizes for the wait and begins to check the cats.  Shadow has gained weight which is even better news.  Again they hiss, howl, and now some grey hair too is flying everywhere.  Grandma had written something about some previous blood work for Shadow and the Vet asked me again.  So I called Grandma.  After a brief discussion, the Vet said to Grandma, “I think your husband is ready to give this job back to you.”  He could not have been more correct.  You would not believe what it cost for him to tell me my cats were in great shape.  Heck, we both knew that; it’s Grandma and me that are having the issues.
Guess what, the howling did not stop on the way home.  Shadow and Tangerine may never acknowledge my presence again.  We arrived home right at 11:00 AM and they were set free.  I’m sure they are plotting against me as I type.

Andy Purvis
www.purvisbooks.com

25 Comments to Caged Animals:

Comments RSS
www.essayhelperuk.co.uk on Saturday, July 01, 2017 12:50 AM
we are the committed to assist the educational process for students at all levels. For this, the company offers reliable help with all kinds of written papers, ranging from to research work

maggi packet on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:32 AM
Plan extensive variety of delicious formulas with Maggi Noodles, Bhuna masala, Maggi coconut powder, Maggi soup, pasta and substantially more.

IPL 2018 on Saturday, February 03, 2018 6:23 AM
The eleventh version of the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held from April 7 to May 27, the IPL representing chamber said on Monday.

rally's menu with price on Thursday, March 08, 2018 1:44 AM
View the most recent Checkers and Rally's costs for their burgers, chicken sandwiches, well known prepared fries, drain shakes, and beverages.

pan card download on Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:36 AM
This online application shape ought to be utilized when a Permanent Account Number has just been designated to the candidate and he/she having lost or harmed the current card, requires a copy PAN card.

tspsc latest notifications on Monday, March 19, 2018 12:14 AM
TSPSC Notification 2018-19: Latest TSPSC Jobs 2018 Notifications refreshed here. Telangana Public Service Commission frequently leads different examinations to select capable contender for a few offices.

pancardstatus1 on Monday, April 16, 2018 4:59 AM
After enlistment, candidate gets a token number. One can proceed with filling structure

pan card update on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:17 AM
In the store framework, securities are held in storehouse accounts, which are like holding reserves in ledgers.

greeting quotes on Monday, April 30, 2018 4:22 AM
This post shares our Collection of Best Happy Chinese New Year Quotes, Wishes, Images, Greetings and Cards.

baso blood Test High on Thursday, May 03, 2018 5:30 AM
Baso's high quality stain kits provide superior diagnostic results and meet the strict requirements of clinical diagnostics testing.

sports games unblocked on Saturday, June 09, 2018 6:18 AM
As games recreations have developed, players have generally expected a reasonable graphical scale with a high level of verisimilitude

cartoon hd apk on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:05 AM
The principal enlivened projection was made in France, by Charles-Émile Reynaud, who was a French science instructor

UkTVNow Kodi on Monday, June 18, 2018 6:30 AM
UKTV began as a solitary channel, UK Gold.

terrarium tv on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:32 PM
Including paying for misfortunes and harms, being fined for the illicit lead and, contingent upon the locale.

Mini Militia on Saturday, July 07, 2018 3:17 AM
Thanks for the post.I am still reading and I thought to say thanks to you for this.

do visit on Monday, July 09, 2018 12:52 AM
going to visit here for sure.

http://voicechangerfordiscord.info/ on Monday, August 13, 2018 5:39 AM
Voice changers change the tone or pitch, add bending to the client's voice, or a mix of the majority of the above and fluctuate incredibly in cost and modernity

airtel dth customer care number on Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:50 AM
Bharti Telemedia Limited d/b/an Airtel computerized TV is an Indian direct-communicate satellite specialist organization claimed and worked .

Celebilicious on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:39 AM
Thanks for sharing it.To know more about your celebrity stars just visit us at celebilicious.

Celebrity on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:42 AM
Visit us to know about your favorite stars.

videopad registration code on Friday, August 24, 2018 1:58 AM
The videopad video editor code is one of the most popular applications available all over the market. This allows to develop and revise the movies in a greater way. Includes various features and support for all the movies possessing different formats that ultimately lead to videos

Morpheus TV on Saturday, September 01, 2018 6:18 AM
Morpheus was an account sharing and looking shared client for Microsoft Windows, made and gushed by the connection StreamCast

Kelly ADees on Thursday, September 06, 2018 3:57 AM
Great Post! I really like it freedom apk creehack

www.krogerfeedback.com on Friday, September 07, 2018 5:15 AM
Kroger is one of the biggest basic need retailer in United states. Principle business of kroger is basic supply, retails, assembling, stock and grocery store. It generally conveys best shopping background with a cordial touch for their clients and also workers.

Download TVTAP on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:00 AM
Effectively download application and introduce TvTap application on windows to watch online films and television programs with best online application.